Saturday 21 June 2008

Eeee...? Sugoooi!

Hello again dear readers. Right now, my head is still vibrating to the sound of J-tunes (and, well, alcohol for that matter) but, given that I finally installed some extra fans inside the PC (frigging HOT already - what am I going to do in August? Probably run around buck-naked, wearing only my natural fur - well, alternatively I could remain REALLY still with a fan targeted on me), I decided to blog anyway. Now, looking back at the past few months' posts, I realized that 95% of them concern Ordre de Ciel! Loads of pictures, reports from parties, birthdays, cosplays and what-have you. Now that, in and of itself, is not bad at all (whose party do you think I was at, last night?) but it harbors the danger of becoming repetitive (not specifically, since each party is different sort of chaos but in terms of subject category).

Hence, I thought to myself, I should lay off a little, stop running around like a crazed lemming with a camera, enjoy the parties more, instead of recording them for a change (yes, that is why - all you people who asked me - saw me without my usual technological extension). I thought, "I will blog about some other things that have taken a back seat, such as continuing the trip log to Japan, writing a review about the playtesting of the 4th Edition of D&D" and so on and so forth. However, it seems that fun and interesting stuff just tends to happen to this company comprised of Ordre de Ciel (room302, Raven Sweetwater, KrizD, Larva), Kyoshiro, Bunnydragon, Kame-chan, Darkside_Blues, Sweet Lady With a Tiger tail (nyarrr), Yu-kun, Countess Bathory, Evil Lolita, Skuld Skauksson, some other friends who do not have internet nicks and of course, myself...

Just the other day, we were out for an early afternoon coffee and a bit of j-party-craziness-free discussion. room302 and Raven had even brought one of their twins along (the other being on a visit to his uncles and quite happy with a water hose in hand, as I hear), Harry, affectionately called "their mini j-rocker". Well, can you blame them? I do not know that many 3-year-olds (none, in fact) who can sing Luna Sea by heart, do fan-hand-gestures related to Sugizo and X-Japan, or recognize Miyavi. Anyhow, being a lot of people, some were discussing, some were spacing out and many were preoccupied with Harry-kun. At some point, Kyoshito and Raven just kind of... vanished for a while and a little while later, came back with 4 Japanese travelers in tow, two guys and two girls.

I have come to understand that Kyoshiro, who has traveled extensively, has friends and acquaintances in every corner of the friggin' globe, so I naturally assumed that these four fell into either category... Well, I was dead wrong! They were among the passengers of a cruise ship, who had simply come to spend the day in Athens; Kyoshiro saw them with Raven, coming out of the metro and in her own, natural way, simply invited them over for coffee with us! Imagine being thousands upon thousands of miles away from home and stumbling onto the most Japanese-friendly company of people, one of whom was wearing a Silent Hill t-shirt (room302) and the other, one with Gon from Hunter x Hunter (that would be me). Furthermore, more than a few of us talked a smattering of Japanese and, well, if you haqve been keeping up with our crazey J-weekends, you get the idea. The two Yosuke's, Haruna and Ono, were delighted (probably as much as we were) and suddenly our tables became a chatter of mixed English, Japanese, Greek and some sort of sign language to fill in the communication gaps. Harry, of course, was the center of attention, and promptly gained a new volunteer mom in the face of Haruna.

Time wore on and as it did, more fellow travelers of these four poured out on the square, which inflated our company to 23 people! Time flew, as it always does when you are having fun and soon, it was nightfall, so we took Haruna, Ono, Yosuke and Yosuke to a nearby noodle bar, where we stayed until such time as they had to return to Peiraeus. That, of course, is just the gist of it and the rest is more appropriately illustrated by - what else? - photos.


Yosuke, Kyoshiro & Bunnydragon.

Harry, Haruna & Yosuke.

Ono, Yosuke, Haruna & Harry.

Aww, Harry and Haruna-chan.
Kawaii deshou neee?

Sweet Lady With a Tiger Tail, Yu-kun, Ono
& Yosuke.





Bunnydragon, Kame-chan & Kostas.




Proud parents (room302 & Raven Sweetwater).



Harry-tan and his mums: Raven & Haruna.


Sophia, sketching as always.

Countess Bathory & Larva.















Our Japanese friends all together! Haruna, Ono,
Yosuke, Shinichi, Yosuke, Kaori, Yuki &
Miki and of course, the day's star, Harry!
When I saw Shinichi for the first time, I thought
I had seen him somewhere before but could not
really put my finger on it... Then he told us he works
at Shinagawa Prince Hotel and I realized,
we had seen him in Japan!
Miki, on the other hand, is a Hunter x Hunter fan
and we hit it of talking about favorite characters!

The drummer and the guitarist. room302
& Yosuke.

All together! Of course, I have reverted to my
ghost photographer status and I am not in any of
the pics, kukukuku!



Hen kao!

Evil Lolita & Countess Bathory.

Kaori and our miniature j-rocker!

X!

X!


Yosuke & Evil Lolita.

Sweet (very sweet) Lady With a Tiger Tail.



Later, at the Noodle Bar...

...and this is the reason for this post's title,
Haruna saying "Eeee! Sugoooi!"











Sadly, our new friends had to get back to their ship by midnight (kinda like a fairy tale), so we saw them off, with much emotion and quite some tears. There are times when you realize just how important it is to feel accepted somewhere and, arriving in this country, meeting us, it was as if all of us had been friends our whole lives. Haruna has invited us to go to Osaka and hopefully, we will manage to do so in the future. Until then, genki ni nare otomodachi-tachi!

Mata ao ne

Speedgrapher

11 comments:

Skauld Skauksson said...

'Nta3'... To 3ereis bebaia oti h balitsa einai etoimh kai perimenei apla th stigmh... :P Sugooooooooi!!!!!! :)

Speedgrapher said...

Elpizo na einai adeia, giati tha ti gemisoume ekei. ;D

Skauld Skauksson said...

Hjarhjarhjarhjar!!! H adeia einai panta etoimh!!! :P

Unknown said...

It seems like you had LOLs of fun!!!
Krima pou den hsoun se kamia fwto =(

Speedgrapher said...

Hehe, it is just as well, my dear ms velvet. I am everywhere else ;)

Anonymous said...

ITANE TELIA PEDIA EKINI TIN KIRIAKI!
AX MAKARI NA TA XANA PUME K APO KONTA ME TA PEDIA APO IAPONIA!
FILAKIA SE OLUS SAS!
DRAGONBUNNY

Unknown said...

Na einai kala i Orgi kai o mikros Harry !!! Itan mia apisteuti mera me polu kalous filous kai pollous iapones !!! yay !! ...thelo na pao Osaka....T.T

Speedgrapher said...

A, den ksero an tha se paroume mazi...

^o^

Anonymous said...

DEN XERO AN THA PAME PALI IAPONIA TU XRONU I SE 2 XRONIA, ALLA H ORGI THA KANI TRELO JAP HUNTING MEXRI TOTE!!!!
XI XI.
INE NA MIN TIN AFISIS ELEFTHERI!
FILAKIA K ONTOS ITAN APISTEFTI MERA!

KenMei said...

itane yperoxa, kataplitkika!!!
elpizo na kataferoyme na pame Osaka, soon...
emena file moy me evgales foto alla eimai xalia :P

KENMEI

KenMei said...

itane yperoxa, kataplitkika!!!
elpizo na kataferoyme na pame Osaka, soon...
emena file moy me evgales foto alla eimai xalia :P

KENMEI