Wednesday 22 October 2008

"Where the HELL Have You Been?!"

I realize this must be on the mind of anyone who has cared to come back here since last month's Hellboy post. Well, the truth is I have been caught up in stuff and have had quite a load of things to go through in my life's backlog, both professionally and personally.

On another note, I have been posting quite frequently in Otaku Lens and editing gazillions of pics, as always, so that left no time to write for other stuff here. Meanwhile, Ergo Proxy has been facing one thing after another, after another (and yet, another) with the Army Service (thankfully ending by bloody mid-November), so he has been unavailable even for a bit of talk, let alone blogging.

However, these things being as they may, Easy Subjugation is by no means dead and will be picking up as of November again. As I had written in the last posts during Summer, there will be a slight change of direction, as all the heavy duty Japanese posts will be now hosted in Otaku Lens.

If any of you have read (if not, go read it) and remember (again, if not, go read it) Breaking Into Politics (with a Sledgehammer), you might recall that I am not real big on politics. Sure, I follow the news, both online anf off, read papers, listen to the radio, etc. etc. That is how I knew we were dangerously close to a "Krach", not unlike the one of 1934 ("Depression" is a great no-no word - oops, did I say that out loud?) and that everyone who was anyone, was running panicked to hold it back (well, except the people stealing hard-earned money at the Stock Exchange, under the COMPLETE consent of the law!). However, I do not enjoy blogging politics...

Opening YouTube to find something interesting to post here, all the top videos are, well... U.S.A. elections and Barack Obama related. Why is that? Well, simply, because the U.S.A. have brought themselves to the brink of economic catastrophe, endangering the rest of the world along with them; except for the Chinese, to whom they practically owe a debt so huge that they can NEVER hope to pay off "conventionally" (if you get my meaning). Is it the fact that Obama may be the first-ever colored President of the U.S.A.? Noooooo! It's just that people hope he will somehow make the U.S.A. a giant again. Well, that part is not hard. It IS a giant - substituting those clay feet with something sturdier, might be a bit tricky though.

As I am writing this, I made a background check to make sure I have not - somehow - missed any prior African-American U.S.A. President. Lo and behold: Google turned up "5 Black Presidents". According to it and according to the stated source, people should consider among those (1) Thomas Jefferson (2) Andrew Jackson (3) Abraham Lincoln (4) Warren G. Harding, based on their ancestry, i.e. supposedly their "black" DNA! Now, I am not an expert on racist matters but I am not sure this is a good way to look at it. Even if it is, anyone whose IQ rates higher than a turnip's, knows perfectly well that racial segregation had much less to do with modern genetics or family trees, than it had with politics, economy, religion and plain old-school xenophobic prejudice. However, press on the link above and read the source: I found it immensely funny.

On the other hand, I might be wrong...!!! Digging around some more, I found this interesting bit (read the second from "Other Answers") in Yahoo!Answers. However, if you are ready to consider I am wrong, you might have to consider that these U.S.A. are NOT the same with the original ones... since THOSE U.S.A. were established through the Articles of Confederation and NOT the current Constitution. the Articles became operative in 1781, after the Revolutionary War. Under those Articles, the first President was John Hanson, from 1781 to 1782 and not George Washington.

I might add that the American Constitution was signed in 1787 (and this is the scanned version) and colored people were not allowed to vote until after the end of the Civil War, in 1865. Even then, the Jim Crow Laws of the 1900s greatly restricted any bid for equal treatment, let alone power.

But listen to me ramble on and I am not even American... I know what, let us leave all these uncomfortable things aside and have a look at Michael Moore's "SICKO". Guy's a million laughs alright...





Do you know what the worst part is? From personal experience, I can tell you, the Greek Health Care System is nearly as bad as that of the U.S.A. (except, Greece is so miniscule by comparison, that the problem has not grown THAT out of proportion).

Well, that is all for today. I just wanted to holler and say we're still here and I ended up discussing politics and American history, with a bit of health care for icing. My trains of though are positively weird.

Take care,

Speedgrapher

No comments: